Beginning Jan. 14, the following groups are eligible to receive the covid-19 vaccine:
-Aged 65 and older
-Aged 16-64 with medical conditions as defined by the CDC that increase the risk of severe illness from COVID-19. Illnesses include:
• Chronic Kidney Disease
• Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
• Down Syndrome
• Heart conditions (e.g. heart failure, coronary artery disease, cardiomyopathies)
• Immunocompromised (weakened immune system) due to solid organ transplant
• Obesity (e.g. body mass index of 30kg/m2 or higher)
• Severe Obesity (e.g. body mass index of 40kg/m2 or higher)
• Sickle cell disease
• Type 2 diabetes mellitus
This definition is adopted from the CDC’s list of People with Certain Medical Conditions at Increased Risk.
A person must have at least one of the above conditions to be considered high-risk. A doctor’s note is not required.
All NJ residents may pre-register for the vaccine here .
More information from the State of New Jersey on eligibility and receiving the vaccine can be found here.