The NJ Department of Community Affairs announced Phase II of rental assistance will be available to residents beginnning March 22, 2021, through the COVID-19 Emergency Rental Assistance Program (CVERAP). The State program awards assistance for eligible residents to apply towards rent in arrears as well as up to three months of future rent payments.
Please register and find more information on the CVERAP here.
Review a checklist of eligibility requirements and needed documentation here.
Borough staff are on hand Monday, March 22, at two locations to assist residents in completing the online registration. Following registration, applicants are chosen through a lottery system and contacted by the state to complete a full application.
If you or a neighbor are in need of registration help, please visit our dedicated sites on Monday, March 22, between 9am and 12pm.
Registration assistance sites:
Parkview Apartments, police substation on the plaza
540 Collings Ave.
Collingswood Community Center
30 Collings Ave.
Who is Eligible:
- NJ resident 18 years or older
- Currently renting in New Jersey
- Qualifies for unemployment
- Facing financial hardship caused directly or indirectly from COVID-19
- Demonstrates a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability; and
- Has a household income at or below 80 percent of the area median income.
Required information for registration:
- You must provide an email address. If you don’t have one, the application process will allow you to create one.
- You must also provide names, birthdates, and income information for everyone in your household
- Landlord information
- Any current or previous housing assistance received
- Evidence that you fulfill the eligibility requirements
- A lease agreement
- Proof of rent owed.
Please contact the Borough with any questions, 856-854-0720.