COLLINGSWOOD CASH PROMO SALE AND TAILGATE PARTY
Collingswood is hosting its annual Collingswood Cash sale! Shoppers flock to Collingswood for the yearly “free money” giveaway, lining up in all kinds of weather as early as 4 a.m. Once again, Collingswood is partnering with Camden County to host a morning tailgate party for the dedicated bargain hunters that will gather outside Borough Hall on Saturday, November 20.
Collingswood Partners will again give away $45,000 to patrons of Collingswood businesses. Shoppers that purchase $50 in Collingswood Cash –the Borough’s equivalent to a mall gift card– will receive an additional $20 to spend anywhere in town. The bonus cash is limited and long lines for the giveaway have typically formed at the crack of dawn.
We’re bringing the tailgate party back, too! Those camped out at Borough Hall enjoy an early morning party to kick off the holiday season in Collingswood! Starting at 6:30 a.m. on November 20 festivities include music and games for guests with a radio DJ and multiple giveaways per hour including concert tickets, sports themed prizes, tailgating gear and Collingswood themed merchandise. Organizers will also provide breakfast snacks and drinks to keep folks warm and happy.
“It’s one of the simplest and most effective promotions we do to support local business and stimulate shopping in our districts,” said Mayor Jim Maley. “Putting money in the hands of shoppers that can only be spent here, along with coupons and a great party, really energizes the shopping season here and our merchants see a direct benefit.”
The Borough will sell $112,500 worth of Collingswood Cash and give away $45,000 meaning there will be more than $150,000 in the hands of shoppers that can only be used in Collingswood. Shoppers that buy a max of $400 during the promotion receive a bonus $160 to spend in town.
The bonus money is limited and traditionally sells out in less than two hours. The yearly promotion greatly stimulates the local economy by encouraging holiday shopping in Collingswood. Doors open when Collingswood Cash sales officially start at 9 a.m.
More than a million dollars’ worth of Collingswood Cash has been sold to spend at local shops during the holidays. The promotion comes with a coupon book filled with additional offers from more than two dozen Collingswood shops, restaurants and services, deepening the discounts. The event takes place a week before Small Business Saturday with the hopes that shoppers will patronize Collingswood for their holiday gifts, parties, appointments and necessities. All Collingswood Cash bonus money will be sold at Collingswood Borough Hall, 678 Haddon Ave.
About the Collingswood Cash Sale:
How do you get your hands on free cash? Starting at 9 a.m. on November 20 ONLY Collingswood Borough Hall (678 Haddon Ave) will sell Collingswood Cash and give away $45,000 of bonus cash. Lines start forming at roughly 5 a.m. It is first come, first served, but there are limits.
What are the rules?
- You will receive $20 Bonus Cash on every $50 Collingswood Cash certificate purchased.
- Shoppers can purchase a maximum of $400 Collingswood Cash netting a free $160 in Bonus Cash.
- One bonus cash sale per customer.
- Customers must be 18 and over.
- Purchase can be made by cash or credit card (a credit fee of four percent is added to the sale). Personal checks are not accepted.
- Bonus cash comes only with Collingswood Cash purchased in $50 denominations. The $50 certificate cannot be broken down into smaller denominations either at the time of purchase or after the purchase.
- The standard certificates last forever but the bonus cash expires on March 31, 2022.
- The $20 Bonus Certificate has no cash value.
- Collingswood Cash cannot be used to purchase gift cards for out-of-town businesses.
- Collingswood Cash is sold year-round at face value.
- The promotion is limited to the season and quantity and is funded by the Business Improvement District tax, a collective fund used to support the business districts.
- Change back from Collingswood Cash is at the discretion of the individual businesses. Business may issue a store credit for larger amounts.
Masks must be worn when entering Borough Hall. Please have ID and your payment ready to limit your time in the building.
The cash incentive is paired with the Borough’s yearly effort to put together a beautiful shopping streetscape in the downtown. Merchants extend shopping hours and carolers sing on Fridays and Saturdays, storefronts are hung with garland, the town is dressed in more than a quarter-million lights and parking is free in December. Click here for more information and holiday schedules.